How began my journey into the realm of vintage... (part three)


Suddenly a global change has come in my style. This was due to the fact that I experienced a deep tragedy in my life and I needed to become more courageous and firm. The former style did not fit as it was more gentle and soft.







Sometimes clothes are not only a reflection of the inner essence of a person, but they also create a protective shell or armor to make your inner essence resilient to attacks from the outside, or simply helps to be fit or to improve self-control.



So from the 1950s and early 1960s, I moved into the late 1960s and 1970s. 






So from the 1950s and early 1960s, I moved into the late 1960s and 1970s. I was attracted to a set of styles - hippie, country, rocker, biker, military, a little fantasy...










I used high boots, rough shoes, secondhand jeans, shorts, jackets, vests, shirts, short dresses, handbags made from recycled jeans, rough belts from 1980-1990s, decorative metallic massive chain for belt (which I made myself from old chain, keychain rings and metallic bottle opener from 1980s!), black leather fingerless gloves (made by me from 1966-1968s gloves damaged at the fingertips), leather bracelets (my favorites were made from decorative straps obtained from old boots), a huge amount of vintage jewelry from the 1970-1980s, scarves, kerchiefs, neckerchiefs, shawls, cloth flowers for hair and head jewelry that I made myself. I sewed them from old leather, made from beads,  weaved with macrame technique. I studied the technique when I was a child but I can’t say that I became a genius in this skill, rather an ordinary amateur. However, I can weave some trifle...










To be continued...

Comments

Popular

Hot summer outfit in style of 1950s with real vintage refurbished straw wide brim platter hat

Interview with the Polish milliner lady - Sylwia Leśniewska from Wroclaw

Sketch about Summer, Spring & Winter, or I will be missing you, Spring...