Cool spring outfit in mixed style of modernized late 19th & first half of 20th centuries


I have always been partial to the 19th century. I like the fashion of the 1820s-1860s more, but since they are difficult to reproduce by conventional means, I also like the following years, especially if they are easier to depict or style fairly modern clothes for them. 






Therefore, when I found this jacket in secondhand, I was glad to combine it with a wonderful striped skirt made of old homespun cloth, which I bought a year ago in a vintage store. The style of the jacket makes me think that I wear a small bustle under my skirt and it's great. I love such illusions.






This outfit is good for cool autumn, not very warm winter and cool spring. I wore it in early December and I felt warm and comfortable. 




This hat, even though it does not cover the ears, still provides enough protection from a mild cold wind.


 

I am wearing:

  • Grey pure wool Victorian era like jacket with hook and eye closure, with stand-up collar, made in Spain, about 2000s
  • (partly seen) Real vintage burgundy silk long sleeve button down blouse, made in Germany, about 1960s-1970s
  • Real vintage home-sewn striped grey-white-blue-dark red pure wool slightly gathered midi skirt, about 1930s-1970s, but hand woven fabric is older (I do not rule out that it may be the beginning of the century!)
  • Real vintage grey fur felt hat with ribbon and feather decor by “Mayser creation”, made in Germany, about 1960s-1970s
  • Real vintage burgundy handmade silk scarf with equestrian design of “Spanische Hofreitschule”, Wien, made in Austria, about late 1970s-1980s
  • Handmade dark red leather belt by “ReVolt”, Italian style by Remo Salvador, made in Italy, about 1990-2000s
  • Pure wool and cotton velvet bag with tweed applique patchwork of dachshund by «Earth squared», Edinburgh, about 2000-2010s.
  • Burgundy leather driving fingerless gloves, about 2010s
  • Beige nylon tights, about 1990s
  • Black leather lace up heel platform shoes, made in RF, about 2010s




Of course my not-too-long skirt, more 1930s, shoes more 1940s, a quirky, modern bag and mid-length hair modernize the overall outfit. But in general, I like the look, which is somewhat reminiscent of the look of a European townswoman or an emancipated lady of the late 19th century.





What do you think? Write your thoughts in the comments, I would be very interested to hear your opinion!

Comments

Popular

Hot summer outfit in style of 1950s with real vintage refurbished straw wide brim platter hat

Interview with the Polish milliner lady - Sylwia Leśniewska from Wroclaw

Sketch about Summer, Spring & Winter, or I will be missing you, Spring...